Saigon. - November 17, 2016 - Gamesource, the Virtuos-group game development studio behind XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within mobile versions, launched Carbon Warfare, a new shockingly realistic strategy simulation title. Carbon Warfare lets players experience the lethal consequences of global warming arising from excess investment in carbon-fueled industries. It’s up to players to find the optimal winning combination of industries and ecological disasters that will ultimately lead to the destruction of Earth, before positive forces, their opponent in the game, can find the solutions to carbon emissions.
Coming soon to Steam, Carbon Warfare is available to players worldwide starting today on Android and iOS devices for $2.99 USD / 1.99€:
Carbon Warfare is the strategy game that lets players destroy the Earth by pushing humans to generate mass carbon emissions, raise the global temperature, and ignite catastrophes that could wipe-out the largest cities on earth. Beware, as the global populace is not so naive - hopeful Earth destroyers must plan a strategy carefully to manipulate the media for persuading public opinion as well as adapt to political and environmental changes until destruction comes!
Gilles Langourieux, CEO of Virtuos, said: “We wanted to deliver a game that provokes greater social awareness around the threats and consequences of global warming to our planet if we don’t change fast enough. Carbon Warfare is a fresh take on delivering this message through an immersive and engaging gaming experience, so we’re excited to see how players react.”
The game features:
• Stunning visuals of the Earth heating-up and facing various disasters
• Unleash varying catastrophes that could destroy the Earth by triggering domino effects, including earthquakes, tsunamis, cyclones, wildfires, draught diseases and more
• Invest in wide array of profitable and carbon intensive industries, such as oil, auto manufacturing, housing developments, and more
• Reality-based events to provide a deep level of simulation
• Several different potential scenarios with three difficulty levels each to explore
• Various strategy combinations to win the game
With an underlying scientific climate equation created by environmental economist Dr. Yoram Bauman, players are sure to experience hours of entertainment in a provocative and satirical, yet realistically-modeled simulation genre.
Follow Carbon Warfare:
• Official Website: http://www.virtuosgames.com/en/carbon-warfare
• Video Trailer: https://youtu.be/Hq4b71eO8ok
• Twitter: @CarbonWarfare
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Carbonwarfareapp/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carbonwarfare/
About Gamesource Studio
A division of Virtuos Ltd., Gamesource Studio is its European game development arm dedicated to creating high quality and entertaining original content for global audiences. Based in Paris, Gamesource Studio is supported by development and live operations teams in Shanghai and Chengdu, and has amassed experience in the genres of strategy, card-collection and combat games, including development on major titles such as XCOM: Enemy Unknown; XCOM: Enemy Within. For more information, please visit www.virtuosgames.com.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos Holdings Pte. Ltd. is a leading videogame content production company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, Ireland, and the United States. With 1,600 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its customers to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency. For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high quality content for over 1,300 projects and its customers include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.virtuosgames.com.